Today’s king of the kitchen was our one and only Nitin sir who hailed the kitchen with Haldi curry with a lot of butter spilled over it and Gajar ka Halwa as a sweet buttering to the tongue. The whole office was lingering with the Haldi aroma and everybody was excited to have that special and authentic Marwar thali in a proper Marwar style by mixing the Indian bread and Haldi curry with butter spilled all over it and eating like never before.
It was a fun treat when everybody’s fingers were painted yellow as if someone spilled the hue of haldi into the aroma. And, the most interesting part was when we were asked to have the dessert first and then the main meal because this is the proper Marwar style. This shahi treat started with Gajar ka halwa and ended with Haldi curry with different type of chutneys. Below is the recipe for you to have a look on and have a marwar style shahi treat at home.
Haldi curry: It is a traditional Rajasthani recipe served on special occasions along with other traditional vegetables.
- To prepare this easy recipe, take a bowl and add curd to it along with salt, red chilli powder and coriander powder. Mix them well and keep it aside.
- Next, place a pan over medium flame and heat ghee in it. Once it is heated, add cumin seeds and asafoetida. When it starts crackling add red chillies and fry for a minute.
- Add grated turmeric and saute well for 5 minutes. Once the turmeric is cooked add minced ginger and curd mixture. Mix them altogether and cook for 4 minutes. Add water in the turmeric mixture and simmered for 15 minutes.
- Finally, transfer it to a serving bowl. Your Haldi ki Sabzi is ready. Serve hot and enjoy!
Gajar ka halwa: A delight for sweet lovers, Gajar ka Halwa is a must have winter dessert!
- In a small bowl, add a tablespoon of milk and kesar strands and keep it aside.
- Now in a kadhai, mix the milk and carrots together and on a low flame slowly bring them to a boil. To add some crunch dry roast the nuts and add it to the recipe.
- After a boil in the milk, add in the kesar flakes and boil it again till the milk dries up. Once the milk is dried up, add the condensed milk and stir occasionally till it also dries up.
- Then add the ghee and cook for another 10 minutes. Garnish with raisins and cashew nuts and serve hot.